What is SEO ?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It is the process of getting traffic from the “free,” “organic,” “editorial” or “natural” listings on search engines. All major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing have such results, where web pages and other content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users.
On Page optimization
In search engine optimization, on-page optimization refers to factors that have an effect on your Web site or Web page listing in natural search results. These factors are controlled by you or by coding on your page. Examples of on-page optimization include actual HTML code, meta tags, keyword placement and keyword density.
- Optimized titles and descriptions
- Proper URL Structures
- Optimized internal links
- Text Formatting (use of h1,h2,bold etc)
- Image optimization (image size, proper image names, use of ALT tag)
- User friendly 404 pages
- Fast loading pages
- Top quality fresh content (This is always the most important SEO factor!)
Off Page SEO
Off page SEO refers to techniques that can be used to improve the position of a web site in the search engine results page (SERPs). Many people associate off-page SEO with link building but it is not only that. In general, off Page SEO has to do with promotion methods – beyond website design –for the purpose of ranking a website higher in the search results.
- Community creation in social networking sites
- Forum Posting
- Search Engine Submission
- Directory Submission
Benefits of SEO
- The results are very low cost
- Increase in Traffic
- Improve brand creditability
- Promotion that does not sleep
- Force your business to produce content
- SEO builds Trust & Creditability
- It drives off line sales